Sunday, November 22, 2009

The 2009 American Music Awards


Kelly Clarkson "Already Gone"

The Black-Eyed Peas - Medley

Carrie Underwood "Cowboy Casanova"

Lady GaGa "Bad Romance/Speechless"

Adam Lambert "For Your Entertainment"
I really liked this show. There were some performances that were strange yet amazing, some that sounded really good but weren't too impressive, and then the one that made everyone's jaw drop. To start off the show Janet Jackson did an amazing medley, and while I don't really post about her, I appreciate her music a lot. Then there were a lot of performances. Kelly Clarkson then performed her new single "Already Gone" off of her album All I Ever Wanted. Despite her rescent weight gain, she sang really well. Soon after Kelly sang, Alicia Keys performed with Jay-Z singing "Empire State Of Mind". I thought Jay-Z's part was not the best but Alicia has got some amazing vocals in that song. Then The Black-Eyed Peas sang a medley of songs from their new-ish album The E.N.D. I think they did really well too. Fergie's outfit was funny though. Next Carrie Underwood took the stage, singing "Cowboy Casanova" off of her new album Play On. I think she did really good. I'm not sure why they put a whole bunch of strippers around her though. After Carrie was the amazing Lady GaGa. As usual Lady GaGa took a different approach to performing. She started with a really cool performance of "Bad Romance" and ended with a song that will be released tomorrow on The Fame Monster entitled "Speechless." After a few more performances Alicia Keys took the stage again, only alone this time. She performed her new single "Try Sleeping With A Broken Heart" off of her new album The Element Of Freedom. Now the last important performance was a unique one. Adam Lambert decided to grab everyone's attention with this performance. It included a pole dancing scene, a make out scene and some other sexual things. I love the song "For Your Entertainment" he sang off of his new album For Your Entertainment. The last performance ended the show on a shocked note, that's for sure. I would also like to congratulate Taylor Swift won 5 awards, including Artist of the Year! I kind of wanted Lady GaGa to claim that title but I was still happy for Taylor. To see the performances by Alicia Keys, and Janet Jackson, click here!

No comments:

Post a Comment