Wednesday, March 24, 2010

American Idol Season 9 Review: Top 11


(^My Top 3 This Week^)
This week on Idol, I was looking forward to seeing Miley Cyrus & how she would do as a mentor. She seamed to do very well. She also did well tonight as she sang her new single from her new movie "The Last Song" (in theaters March 31) called "When I Look At You." I feel that at the beginning, she struggled a little bit with the higher notes, but she wowed us at the end with her outstanding vocal. Also, Demi Lovato & Joe Jonas (the happy couple) sang their new single "Make A Wave." The song is for Disney's Friends For Change! They did really good in my opinion & Ryan said it perfectly when he said they have chemistry.
I'll start my review with the guys. Michael Lynch did well. He sounds just as well as usual, but my only problem with him is that he is so similar to Ruben. I just don't think that his records would sell too well. I still don't like Casey James or Lee Dwyze. They sound similar and I'm just not a fan of either one of them. Aaron Kelly did very well. He continues to improve every week & I think that, due to his voice sicknesses, he did outstanding. Andrew Garcia just didn't do too well in my opinion. Um.. it also didn't help that I hate the song he sang. Tim Urban had fun, but the talent just isn't there. I think he'll go home next week.
Now for the girls I'll start with Didi Benami. I don't really love the song choice, but her vocals were amazing. I really like the tone of her voice, & I don't think she had any vocal problems. She did well. Crystal Bowersox did what she always does. I did like that she listened to Miley and went with the high notes though. It sounded okay. I was super excited to hear Katie Stevens sing Fergie's "Big Girls Don't Cry." I absolutely love the song, and while she is no Fergie, she still sang the song well. Paige Miles... She just did horribly. I love her and I think she's gorgeous but I just felt so bad for her when she did so bad. I did think it was okay to see her go home though. I just think Simon could have been a bit nicer to her tonight. Siobhan Magnus needs to stop screaming. She had her moment and now it's time to move on to greener pastures. Each time she screams, it gets worse. I don't completely hate her voice though.. (what was up with her hair?!) Below is Didi singing "You're No Good," Miley Cyrus singing "When I Look At You," and Joe Jonas & Demi Lovato singing "Make A Wave."

Didi Benami "You're No Good"

Miley Cyrus "When I Look At You"

Demi Lovato & Joe Jonas "Make A Wave"

No comments:

Post a Comment