Thursday, March 4, 2010

American Idol Season 9 Review: Top 20


(^My Top 3 This Week^)
John Park, Jermaine Sellers, Michelle Delamor, and Haeley Vaughn went home tonight on American Idol. If it had been up to me I would have sent Tim Urban, John Park, Crystal Bowersox, and Lily Scott would have hopped on a train back to town this week. You may be wondering why I have chosen Katelyn Epperly, Lacey Brown, and Todrick Hall for my favorites this week. I chose Katelyn because she is freaking amazing! She has the whole package, she is gorgeous, has a good sence of style and she sings like an angel. Lacey Brown stepped it up this week. She has such a nice tone to her voice, also.. she seams like a really nice (& attractive) girl. Todrick Hall just has a very good voice. He is also a professional! The judges make me mad with the whole "make it your own" thing. Last season was when they began feeding this crap to us because they couldn't think of anything better to say. They contradict themselves when it comes to this subject. They continue to tell people that they want them to make it their own, but when they do they start saying that it was too much, or they couldn't even tell what song it is. One thing that surprised me was that Tim Urban wasn't repulsive. Don't get me wrong, he wasn't good either. Michael Lynch actually sounded pretty good, Casey James and Lee Dwyze need to go.. soon. They can't sing. Simple as that. Alex Lambert and Aaron Kelly seam like nice boys, and Aaron has some good pipes, but I just don't think they are good enough for the competition. (yet, they might improve throughout the season, I haven't given up on them yet.) Jermaine should not have gone home yet! He is actually a really good singer, but I kind of figured either him or Todrick would go home soon because they are very similar. I'm not really a fan of Andrew Garcia. Didi Benami didn't do so well, but I really want to like her. She seams extremely sweet, and she sort of reminds me of Brooke White, in a way. Katie Stevens reminds me of the amazing Jojo. Now, she doesn't have as much talent as Jojo, but I think if she has more time for her voice to develop more, then she could be amazing. Paige Miles actually went out there and WORKED IT! She did very well, and made me become a fan. Shiobhan Magnus is so strange, but I do have to admit that she isn't the worst singer. Haeley Vaughn was one of the people I really liked in the beginning, but she simply didn't do good. Finally, Michelle Delamor should NOT have gone home! It frustrAted me when I found out. She should have been in there longer. Below is Katelyn singing Coldplay's "The Scientist"

No comments:

Post a Comment